If you have a Chest Binder that fastens shut, such as with a zipper or hook, close the fastenings before putting it in the wash, to ensure nothing is damaged.
2. PUT YOUR CHEST BINDER IN A DELICATES BAG, IF YOU HAVE ONE.
Chest Binders are made of an elastic and soft material, so it's recommended to put them in a bag for delicates (laundry bags) before putting them in the washing machine. This will help protect the fabrics.
**Binders can be washed without being bagged, but it's not recommended.
3. DO NOT USE STRONG DETERGENTS, BLEACH, OR SOFTENERS.
All of the above washing techniques will reduce the lifespan of a chest binder.
4. SET THE SPIN CYCLE TO "GENTLE" OR "DELICATES", IF POSSIBLE.
A fast spin cycle can damage your chest binders. If you don't have an option on your machine for delicates, though, a standard wash will still work.
5. HANG YOUR CHEST BINDER UP TO DRY.
Once you've finished washing your Chest Binder, remove it from the delicates bag. Place it on a hanger and hang it up somewhere to dry. It's best to dry your chest binder in a well-ventilated space.
**However, if you need to hide your binder and unable to hang in the open space, find an option that isn't so visible, such as hanging it in your closet with the a/c on.
- NEVER put your Chest Binder in a dryer, because most of the fabric textiles shrink when exposed to high temperatures.
- Do not oversoak, the longer you soak clothes, the greater the chance you’ll cause fading or alter sizings, which give a garment its drape.
- Iron, medium temperature.
- Do not bleach unless white.
Do not dry clean.